Tuesday, December 11, 2007


So...... what does a Mom do when Christmas is fast approaching, and she has like a bazillion and one things to do around here to get ready?????




Well, of course! She goes away to visit the eldest son for a few days!!!




What a fun weekend we had! Seems they were having a Dickin's Holiday Faire in his town on Friday night.....and, oh man, was it fun! The downtown area blocked off, and lots of street vendors and yummy foods, like chili & pizza!! And then there was the little shop that had all Christmas ornies for half~price!! And, of course those two words are my weakness.......

So much fun..... I can't wait to go again next year! Now, I would be showing you pics of the whole thing, but I left the camera in the car~ duh~
Oh well, you will have to settle for the above picture of son's pretty tree~ don't you just love Christmas trees? Isn't it wonderful how everyone decorates theirs with a different style? I honestly don't think I have ever seen an ugly tree, and I don't think I could ever tire of seeing them...... And, of course this would be where I would insert pics of my lovely Christmas tree.... but, ahem..... I don't think you would much appreciate a picture of a box, which is where my tree happens to still be right now...... ahem.....
Anywho...... it was a great time, and a nice break.......even if I do have so much to do here......



And, of course no trip to Son's is complete, without a trip to my favorite shop.....


the Cancer Society Thrift Store of course!!


I just always find the most delightful things there........ and, I am doing my part to "recycle" aren't I? And, helping such a good cause at the same time....



And, I have never come out empty handed......and this time was no exception! A new~to~me fleece sweater...... ball of crochet thread...... a few Christmas ornaments~which will look lovely on my tree (if it ever comes OUT of the box!)

And, books~~~ woohoo~ Books!!! At least one is a secret......ooooh, you'll just have to stayed tuned to hear more about it!! And, one on Angels........ and....... this delightful book~



Wow! what a neat book!! For just $3, thank you very much! It is filled with recipes to make from boxed cake mixes, 478 pages of over 150 Cakes!! And, oh so,yummy looking, I can't wait to try them all!! Don't worry...... I'll share with ya!! Well, not the cakes......but, some of the recipes!



Like this one......... which just happens to be the perfect one to take to a friends house when they have invited you for dinner, and of course, Momma always taught you that it isn't polite to go to dinner without taking something...... so, this was not only so easy to whip up, but it was delicious as well~ "try it........ you'll like it"!!!


From "easy~peasy" beginning........




To....... "tummy~yummy" end..........





And, here is the recipe:



*BLONDIES*



SERVES: 20



PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES



BAKING TIME: 20 TO 25 MINUTES



1 Pkg (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix



2 large eggs



8 Tblsp. (1 stick) butter, melted



1 cup semisweet chocolate chips



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees



2. Place cake mix, eggs, and melted butter in mixing bowl, and mix on low speed untill ingredients are moiistened, about 1 minute. Stop mixer, scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Add the choc chips and mix on low another 30 seconds, just to incorporate. Mixture will be very thick.



3. Scrape batter into UNGREASED 9"X13" pan with spatula. Using spatula or your fingertips, press the batter out evenly over the bottom of the pan so that it reaches all the sides.



4. Pop in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached.



5. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.



6. Go into garage and find your tree~in~a~box.....







4 comments:

PAT said...

It's good to hear you got to see your son, Joyce. The faire sounds like something we would like. I thought that beautiful tree might be yours! I love the different colored lights!

Pat

Nunnie's Attic said...

I was cracking up over the picture of your tree would have to be the box. That's funny!

I'm glad you got to enjoy your visit with your son and his tree is beautiful. Now get cracking, girl!

Love,
Julie

Betty said...

What a fun weekend! That Dicken's fair sounds like so much fun! Good for you for sneaking away and giving yourself a Christmas treat!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You are a hoot! I will work on your PIF gift - I want it to be PERFECT - so I might have to wait until the party is over tomorrow - Hey, wanna stop by? Love to have ya!

"Son-visits" are great - glad you had a good time. I love thrift stores as well and especially ones for a "cause" -

My heart still races each time I see the photo of your furbaby! Looks so much like my beloved Charlie - Thanks for that - I love the memory of him and can still feel my last kiss on the top of his head..

Have a blessed & safe week-end and stop by if you're in the neighborhood!
Colleen

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

I'm so glad you stopped by!

My eBay Store


Hello there! I'd like to introduce myself..... My name is Joyce and I live in northern California, in the beautiful San Joaquin Valley. In 1975, I was blessed by God with a wonderful man named Stephen. Whether or not you believe in such a thing, ours truly was "love at first sight". We were married one year later. In time, we were further blessed with 5 beautiful children, four boys and one girl. Steve was my rock, my protector, my soul mate, and my best friend. We spent 30 precious years on this earth together, and for this I give thanks each and every day of my life. Sadly, my dear Steve passed away in December of 2005. He was such a strong spirit and loving soul that I know he is still here, loving and watching over us.

Grammas Little Tigger

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"
Show and Tell

Stop by and visit Pat!

My Blog List


Helen Steiner Rice

1. Thou shalt be happy

2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.

3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.

4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.

5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.

6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.

7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.

8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.

9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.

10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.



Delia252@aol.com