And, of course no trip to Son's is complete, without a trip to my favorite shop.....
the Cancer Society Thrift Store of course!!
I just always find the most delightful things there........ and, I am doing my part to "recycle" aren't I? And, helping such a good cause at the same time....
And, I have never come out empty handed......and this time was no exception! A new~to~me fleece sweater...... ball of crochet thread...... a few Christmas ornaments~which will look lovely on my tree (if it ever comes OUT of the box!)
And, books~~~ woohoo~ Books!!! At least one is a secret......ooooh, you'll just have to stayed tuned to hear more about it!! And, one on Angels........ and....... this delightful book~
Wow! what a neat book!! For just $3, thank you very much! It is filled with recipes to make from boxed cake mixes, 478 pages of over 150 Cakes!! And, oh so,yummy looking, I can't wait to try them all!! Don't worry...... I'll share with ya!! Well, not the cakes......but, some of the recipes!
To....... "tummy~yummy" end..........
And, here is the recipe:
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
BAKING TIME: 20 TO 25 MINUTES
1 Pkg (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
2 large eggs
8 Tblsp. (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place cake mix, eggs, and melted butter in mixing bowl, and mix on low speed untill ingredients are moiistened, about 1 minute. Stop mixer, scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Add the choc chips and mix on low another 30 seconds, just to incorporate. Mixture will be very thick.
3. Scrape batter into UNGREASED 9"X13" pan with spatula. Using spatula or your fingertips, press the batter out evenly over the bottom of the pan so that it reaches all the sides.
4. Pop in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
5. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
6. Go into garage and find your tree~in~a~box.....