Wednesday, January 2, 2008





So.... Happy New Year....... This is an Angel ornament I bought from the hospital gift shop on one of Steve's last stays.... Isn't she just beautiful? I bought her and hung her above his hospital bed, and so she has a special place in my heart.......


Here's hoping your new year will be the best ever, filled with love, laughter and prosperity!

Penny had asked in her comments on my last post about the little birdie ornies and how they attach, so I took a picture to show her..... they have a little clippy-thingy (such a technical term, huh?) attached to the bottom so they just clip onto the branch, which will make it very easy to find a place to display them I am sure..........










Well, New Years started very quietly for me.... DD was away to eldest son's home, and the younger boys were at a dance with our best friends....... I posted here, and then I sat here at home in my new jammies enjoying the sights of the tree..... and, yes, there were some tears, just as any holiday without my sweet Steve is.... but I really tried not to let it engulf me all night long as I have done before..... We all have delightful memories of him, and it just isn't possible to not go through a holiday without thinking of those times....... how he loved the Holidays..... I know he wouldn't want the sadness and tears, but I also know that he knows how hard it is here without him.....













But, as I said I decided to do things a little differently this year........ No resolutions........... it feels like when I do that I kind of set myself up...... and end up beating myself up if I don't follow through. Do you do that? So, this year instead of "Resolutions" I did "Reflections"...... I simply lit some candles (WoodWick candles by the way, which I will post about another time~ they are simply heavenly!!) and sat quietly thinking back over the year.......... not the tough times, nor the disappointments........ but, the JOYS.......... the LAUGHTER..... the days and the moments that if you could you would just freeze-frame and keep going forever and ever..... I'll bet you've all had times like that through your year, haven't you? Well, I must say, it made for a much more positive way to start off the New Year....











And of course I thought about the many, many things I am blessed with, and so very thankful for.......... One of those things being all the wonderful ladies I have met through my blogging.... what an amazing thing........ I have met some of the sweetest and dearest people whom I have laughed and cried with, just as they have done with me I am sure.......... and, talent....... oh my....such incredibly talented people I have met! And, one of the really remarkable things, is when one of those who I look upon as ultra-talented, actually sends me a note, or posts here...... ohmygosh, my reaction is how you would feel if a "celebrity" were to knock on your door just to say "hi".......... oh, and if someone who is just so, so incredibly talented and artistic should compliment my work, well, you might as well just call "the home" 'cause I just about go nuts........... Anyway, I do so enjoy doing this, I hope to do it for a long time to come, and I look forward to visiting with you all here and on your lovely blogs as well...........





Ok, so I got a bit "sappy" there............. it's ok........ Valentines Day is coming you know.......... and you just gotta Spread The Love........





3 comments:

PAT said...

Dear Joyce...I'm wishing you the very best in 2008!

Pat

SweetAnnee said...

I just found you thru sweet Mary at Isabells Cottage's blog..and I will be back..I am going to
read up on your life..and pray that 2008
will be a wonderful year for you..
deena

Betty said...

I just feel so blessed to have met you Joyce! I pray that 2008 is a "very good year" for you! You deserve it, my friend!
Hugs!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

I'm so glad you stopped by!

My eBay Store


Hello there! I'd like to introduce myself..... My name is Joyce and I live in northern California, in the beautiful San Joaquin Valley. In 1975, I was blessed by God with a wonderful man named Stephen. Whether or not you believe in such a thing, ours truly was "love at first sight". We were married one year later. In time, we were further blessed with 5 beautiful children, four boys and one girl. Steve was my rock, my protector, my soul mate, and my best friend. We spent 30 precious years on this earth together, and for this I give thanks each and every day of my life. Sadly, my dear Steve passed away in December of 2005. He was such a strong spirit and loving soul that I know he is still here, loving and watching over us.

Grammas Little Tigger

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"
Show and Tell

Stop by and visit Pat!

My Blog List


Helen Steiner Rice

1. Thou shalt be happy

2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.

3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.

4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.

5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.

6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.

7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.

8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.

9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.

10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.



Delia252@aol.com