Saturday, May 26, 2007

A *Proud Mom* Post

A couple of years ago, through our dearest friends, my three youngest boys got involved with a local Children's Theatre. They have since been in 6 productions, both as actors, and as Tech Crew.......... and, they truly love it...








Their most recent production, "Letters To The Past", has been going since March






I was also involved with this play, as the "costumer". My, what a chore! I have been madly laundering, mending, and ironing costumes for the past few weeks...........


This show was a "touring" show and so we traveled to several schools in the area, as well as a children's playland here in town called "Pixie Woods", which we visited last weekend





and just a couple of days ago the kids finished out with a performance at our local historical museum, which was the 14th time these kids have performed the show!

And I must say, these kids were incredible, and such troopers, sometimes we had to be at the schools by 7AM, the kids would dress and perform, then had to go to their school for their regular school day........ and then return to the school in the evening for another performance!
Sometimes these kids would have to play more than one part if someone else couldn't make it for that performance....... but they all just took it in stride, I was in awe of these kids! They ranged from 3rd to 10th graders.


My 2 older boys helped with all the set-up and transporting of the sets, and Luke (18) was also sound operator, and Mark (19) was Asst Director..........


My youngest boy, John, ( who is 15) played two characters............



This one, Billy, from the year 2049
And Chester, from the year 1870








It was a wonderful production, and I am so proud of my boys!


And, believe it or not...............

they are already rehearsing a new play for the Summer!
{So, stay tuned for further "Proud Mom" posts}

3 comments:

Betty said...

Oh fun! My two oldest were in a children's theater when they were younger. I was stage mom also and sewed costumes, painted sets, etc. It was a lot of fun!

Cherub*Kisses said...

hi proud mama! what fun & what joy to see your "babies" doing their thing :)) i love it!!!

PAT said...

I can understand why you are a proud mom! Love this post!

Prayers for your friend, Amy!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

I'm so glad you stopped by!

My eBay Store


Hello there! I'd like to introduce myself..... My name is Joyce and I live in northern California, in the beautiful San Joaquin Valley. In 1975, I was blessed by God with a wonderful man named Stephen. Whether or not you believe in such a thing, ours truly was "love at first sight". We were married one year later. In time, we were further blessed with 5 beautiful children, four boys and one girl. Steve was my rock, my protector, my soul mate, and my best friend. We spent 30 precious years on this earth together, and for this I give thanks each and every day of my life. Sadly, my dear Steve passed away in December of 2005. He was such a strong spirit and loving soul that I know he is still here, loving and watching over us.

Grammas Little Tigger

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"

"Gramma's Newest Little Love"
Show and Tell

Stop by and visit Pat!

My Blog List


Helen Steiner Rice

1. Thou shalt be happy

2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.

3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.

4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.

5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.

6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.

7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.

8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.

9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.

10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.



Delia252@aol.com